How To Properly Shop For A New Windshield Replacement
Shopping for a new windshield for your vehicle involves several steps to ensure you get the right windshield, the proper workmanship and the best quality glass that fits your needs and budget.
Here's a guide on how to properly shop for a new windshield:
1. Identify Your Vehicle's Make and Model:
- Before you start shopping, know the make, model, and year of your vehicle. Windshields are not universal, and different vehicles have varying sizes and shapes of windshields. Please have your Vin number (Vehicle Identification Number) ready. Here at Direct Quality Auto Glass we strongly recommend texting or emailing us your VIN number. The Vin number gives shops the correct Windshield part number.
2. Determine the Type of Windshield:
- There are different types of windshields available, including OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) windshields and aftermarket windshields OE. OEM windshields are made by the vehicle manufacturer, while aftermarket windshields are made by third-party companies. OEM windshields are often of higher quality and designed to match your vehicle precisely but can be more expensive. Aftermarket windshields are more budget-friendly but may vary in quality. Here at Direct Quality Auto Glass we know which brands will be a better fit for your Vehicle. In all truth, Not everyone can afford an OEM Windshield. We will help you save money and help you find the best quality glass.
3. Check for Certification:
- Ensure that the Auto Glass Company that you choose is certified and follows the Auto Glass Safety Standards. You could find a True Certified Auto Glass Shop at https://www.safewindshields.org/ Look for certifications such as These:
4. Research The Auto Glass Shop
- Research and choose a reputable auto glass shop. Look for customer reviews and ratings to ensure you are dealing with a trustworthy provider. Keep Note that some companies buy Reviews so it is recommended to read them thoroughly. If the company you hire does not remove the Cowl (lower portion of windshield cover with wipers) We strongly advise you to look for another company and ask them to leave because you don't want any shortcuts taken on your vehicle. The picture below is from a local company taking shortcuts and compromising your Safety.
5. Ask About Warranty:
- Inquire about the warranty offered on the windshield and installation. A reputable supplier should provide a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
6.Verify Insurance Coverage:
- Check your auto insurance policy to see if windshield replacement is covered. If it is, follow your insurer's guidelines for filing a claim. Keep a note that your Insurance company WILL STEER YOU TO USE SAFELITE, That is ILLEGAL YOU have the right to chose any auto glass shop of your choice. Chose wisely
7.Schedule a Professional Installation:
- Once you've chosen a shop, schedule professional installation. Proper installation is essential for your safety, as an improperly installed windshield can compromise structural integrity. Here at Direct Quality Auto Glass we take Safety very serious. Read more about the importance of SAFE windshield replacements here https://www.safewindshields.org/consumer-information/windshields-save-lives/
8. Inspect the Installation:
- After the windshield is installed, carefully inspect the work to ensure it meets your expectations. Check for any visible defects or imperfections. Do not feel intimidated by the Auto Glass Shop and ask questions, Your safety is determined by their workmanship.
By following these steps, you can ensure that you select the right Auto Glass Shop for your vehicle and have it installed correctly, providing you with safe and reliable protection while driving.
Direct Quality Auto Glass
708 w Mill ST, San Bernardino CA, 92410
(909)251-6568 or (909)600-8394